- Rhymes with: -eɪn
to be the poison of
to be the bane of
- Norwegian: bane
Verbform of banen
- Bane (comics), an adversary of Batman
- Bane (Matrix character), a character in the Matrix film trilogy
- Bane (god), a deity in the Forgotten Realms fictional universe
- Bane (Harry Potter), a centaur in the Harry Potter series
- Darth Bane, a Star Wars character
- Bane (Stargate SG-1), an episode of the television series Stargate SG-1
- Bane, and alien race that invades Earth in Invasion of the Bane.
- Durin's Bane, a Balrog, a fictional being from the writings of J. R. R. Tolkien.
- Bane the Druid, a Guardian in the Legacy of Kain franchise.
- The Bane ethnic group of Cameroon
- Bane, Nigeria, a town in Nigeria
- Bane, Lebanon, a village in Bsharri District, Lebanon
- Bane, one of the 8 departments of the Boulgou Province of Burkina Faso.
- Bane (graffiti), a tag used by graffiti artists
- Bane (band), a hardcore punk band
- Bane (album), a Joey Arkenstat album produced by Mike Gordon
- Baneh, Iran
bane in Spanish: Bane (desambiguación)
bane in French: Bane
bane in Italian: Bane
bane in Dutch: Bane
abomination, annihilation, atrocity, bad, befoulment, biological death, blight, blood, bloodletting, bloodshed, braining, cessation of life, clinical death, contagion, corruption, crossing the bar, crying evil, curtains, damage, dealing death, death, death knell, deathblow, debt of nature, decease, defilement, demise, departure, despoliation, destroyer, destruction, destruction of life, detriment, dispatch, dissolution, doom, dying, ebb of life, end, end of life, ending, eternal rest, euthanasia, evil, execution, exit, expiration, extermination, extinction, extinguishment, fate, final summons, finger of death, flow of blood, going, going off, gore, grave, grievance, hand of death, harm, havoc, hurt, ill, immolation, infection, injury, jaws of death, kill, killing, knell, lapidation, last debt, last muster, last rest, last roundup, last sleep, leaving life, loss of life, making an end, martyrdom, martyrization, mercy killing, mischief, outrage, parting, passing, passing away, passing over, perishing, poison, poisoning, pollution, quietus, release, rest, reward, ritual killing, ritual murder, ruin, ruination, sacrifice, sentence of death, shades of death, shadow of death, shooting, slaughter, slaying, sleep, somatic death, stoning, summons of death, taking of life, the worst, toxin, undoing, venom, vexation, virus, woe, wrong